Thursday, May 14, 2009

First Posting





Welcome to the Color Spot Blog. Here you will find ideas I am working with, new paintings and other artwork, the ups and downs of learning art as a business, and classes I will be teaching.




Besides keeping you posted on what I'm up to these days, journalling here helps me to condense and crystalize my own thoughts.








This winter I took a business class for artists and found that I have 4 different businesses, all running at the same time! I made portfolios for each one: Portraiture and Figurative Painting,




Landscape Painting, Silk Painting, and Work for Churches including stained glass design, entryway murals and silk paraments. Oh yes, and then there's teaching.




I'm not ready to cut any of these off just yet, and love the variety. We'll see how it goes.






No comments: